Whether you own a few acres of woodland or many, A Landowner’s Guide to Managing Your Woods will help you become an active and effective steward of your forest. Beginning with an explanation of the natural processes governing forest development, the authors present active steps you can take to guide your woodland toward a state of health and beauty and sustainably produce one of the world’s greatest renewable resources wood.
The steps of stewardship include:
* Assessing your forest type, soils, terrain, and climate
* Determining what trees and wildlife will do best on your land
* Working with a forester and a logger to create and implement a sustainable, long-term plan
* Developing wildlife habitat and trail systems
* Pruning and thinning trees to improve health and growth rate.
The authors a landowner, a logger, and a forester all manage their own woodlands using sustainable practices. Their advice and insights will help your forest provide income while remaining healthy, productive, and beautiful for future generations to enjoy.
|A Landowner’s Guide to Managing Your Woods
|You may also be interested in:
Learn how to create and use mulch in your garden.
||Let it Rot
The Gardener’s Guide to Composting
||Living at Nature’s Pace
Nature knows how to grow plants and raise animals; it is human beings who are in danger of losing this age-old expertise