Raising a calf is interesting, fun, and rewarding — and there’s a lot you need to know to do a good job. This book provides easy-to-follow instructions, complete with photographs, drawings, and diagrams, checklists and charts on how to care for your calf in the best possible way.
Your Calf explains:
- How to select your beef or dairy calf
- How to feed, shelter, and fence in your calf
- Ways to keep your calf healthy and content
- What to do if your calf is sick or hurt
- How to handle and transport your calf safely
- Where and how to show your calf
If you know a youngster who is enchanted by the idea of raising a calf, they’ll be delighted with this book written just for them! And because these were written by well-known experts, readers will gain a wealth of knowledge that will last a lifetime.