Here is a guide that offers concise, up-to-date information on the whole range of beekeeping tasks, including:
- How to prevent, control, and capture swarms.
- What you can tell from an outside inspection of your hives.
- When and how to “take the crop” and harvest honey.
- How to successfully requeen – from handling and marking queens to methods of introducing one into a hive.
- The problem signs to look for when you open up a hive.
For the practicing beekeeper who needs more information, or the serious novice who wants to start out right, Hive Management offers sensible advice to help your honey bees thrive.