Today’s environmental concerns have led to a new generation of high-tech stoves, designed to burn cleaner and more efficiently than ever before.
The New Woodburner’s Handbook is the essential layman’s guide to both the latest improvements and the age-old wisdom of heating with wood. Chimney sweep Stephen Bushway presents first-time and long-time woodburners with all the information necessary to heat a home economically and safely, while safeguarding the environment for ourselves and our children. Topics discussed include:
- Selecting the right home for your home and your lifestyle.
- Tips for insulating and conserving energy at home.
- Installing a woodstove safely.
- Catalytic, noncatalytic, and pellet stoves — pros and cons.
- Masonry heaters — an ancient and unsurpassed way of warming.
New federal regulations and air-quality laws make it more important than ever that woodburners know about all of the options available to them. The New Woodburner’s Handbook helps you apply the latest developments in the industry to your specific situation and decide for yourself how heating with wood makes sense in your own home.
|The New Woodburner’s Handbook